National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week on October, 2017: Emergency with poison! Please help poison control lines were busy!?

National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week 2017. 460_x_81_english_0.gif lead poisoning prevention.

Emergency with poison! Please help poison control lines were busy!?

Don't make her throw up! Here's a link to the poison center's antifreeze page with info about what to do:

Copy/pasted

Antifreeze poisoning

.

Antifreeze is a liquid used to cool engines. It is also called engine coolant. This article discusses poisoning caused by swallowing antifreeze.

This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.

See also:Ethylene glycol poisoning

Poisonous Ingredient

•Ethylene glycol

•Methanol

•Propylene glycol

Where Found

•Various antifreezes

Note: This list may not be all inclusive.

Symptoms

•Airways and lungs ◦Rapid breathing

◦No breathing

•Bladder and kidneys ◦Blood in urine

◦No urine output or decreased urine output

•Eyes, ears, nose, and throat ◦Blurred vision

◦Blindness

•Heart and blood ◦Change in body's acid-base balance, which can lead to organ failure

◦Rapid heartbeat

◦Low blood pressure

•Muscles and joints ◦Leg cramps

•Nervous system ◦Coma

◦Convulsions

◦Dizziness

◦Fatigue

◦Headache

◦Slurred speech

◦Stupor (lack of alertness)

◦Unconsciousness

◦Unsteady walk

◦Weakness

•Skin ◦Blue lips and fingernails

•Stomach and gastrointestinal tract ◦Nausea

◦Vomiting

Home Care

Seek immediate medical help. Do NOT make a person throw up unless told to do so by poison control or a health care professional.

Use standard first aid and CPR for signs of shock or cardiac arrest. Call your local Poison Control Center or 911 for further assistance.

Before Calling Emergency

Determine the following information:

•Patient's age, weight, and condition

•Name of product (as well as the ingredients and strength, if known)

•Time it was swallowed

•Amount swallowed

Poison Control

The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) can be called from anywhere in the United States. This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.

This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Take the container with you to the hospital, if possible.

See: Poison control center - emergency number

What to Expect at the Emergency Room

The health care provider will measure and monitor the patient's vital signs, including temperature, pulse, breathing rate, and blood pressure. Blood and urine tests will be done.The patient may receive:

•Dialysis

•Fluids through a vein (IV)

•Medicines to treat symptoms

•Medicine (antidote) to reverse the effect of the poison

•Tube through the nose into the stomach to wash out stomach (gastric lavage)

Outlook (Prognosis)

For ethylene glycol: Death may occur within the first 24 hours. If patient survives, there may be little or no urine output for several weeks before the kidneys recover. Any brain damage may be permanent. Vision loss or blindness may also be permanent.

For methanol: Methanol is extremely toxic. As little as 2 TABLEspoons can kill a child, while 2 to 8 oz. can be deadly for an adult. The ultimate outcome depends on how much was swallowed and how soon appropriate care was given.

Amazon Gold Box

PLEASE, someone help. i’m begging.?

PLEASE, someone help. i'm begging.?

The info below is taken from a subsidiary of the National Institue of Health. Bottom line - if she doesn't receive treatment soon she could go into liver failure and die. Please get her to the ER immediately and maybe the social worker there can also encourage her to seek counseling.

Trish

P.S. If, somehow, you're not yet convinced, please call the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222

==========

Acetaminophen overdose

This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.

You should not take more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen a day. Taking more, especially 7000 mg or more, can lead to a severe overdose if not treated.

Symptoms

* Abdominal pain

* Appetite loss

* Coma

* Convulsions

* Diarrhea

* Irritability

* Jaundice

* Nausea

* Sweating

* Upset stomach

* Vomiting

Note: Symptoms may not occur until 12 or more hours after the acetaminophen was swallowed.

There is no home treatment. Seek immediate medical help.

Before Calling Emergency

Determine the following information:

* Patient's age, weight, and condition

* Name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)

* Time it was swallowed

* Amount swallowed

The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) can be called from anywhere in the United States. This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.

This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If treatment is received within 8 hours of the overdose, there is a very good chance of recovery.

However, without rapid treatment, a very large overdose of acetaminophen can lead to liver failure and death in a few days.

What happens now, very curious...?

What happens now, very curious...?

Advil is a pain reliever, main ingredient is acetaminophen, which is also what you find in tylenol.

Overdosing can cause liver damage over time, but taking twice the recommended dose isn't going to affect you very much. It will be in your system for the next 8 hours. If you experience any light headedness, don't drive. It can also lead to stomach upset.

If you have any problems, call...

1-800-222-1222

ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES

This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Agoda
Holidays also on this date Sunday, October 1, 2017...