Self-Promotion Month on October, 2018: Promotion Month - Getting traffic to my site self promotion ideas?
October, 2018 is Self-Promotion Month 2018. Self-Promote or Disappear! It's Self-Promotion Month
Getting traffic is a combination of a lot of things. The key to success is to create great content that visitors want to use, search engines will love and other websites will naturally link to. Of course, it's easier said than done.
You can use pay per click advertising in the search engines to reach audiences looking for your products. You can use Google Adwords or Yahoo
Here are some shoestring marketing ideas that can help you get the visitors you need at the least cost possible:
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement - if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important -- and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more - that's additional traffic that you get for FREE!
Recommend Site Scripts (various)
Big Nose Bird Recommend this Site
CGI Resource Index
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com's "Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day."
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
Here is a comprehensive list of where to submit your articles
Classifieds for Free ...
Text Link Exchange
US Free Ads
what's the website of that girl in san francisco that does self promotion by being on webcam?
Even if if knew I would not tell you. Go somewhere else to find out.
So I spent a month on this...tell me what you think?
Personally, your timing is decently good, the clips are really great quality... but I feel like some of the scenes you placed at certain parts were a bit out of place and didn't all flow.
If it's one of your first videos, I can understand how it took you a month to do it, it used to take me weeks just to get a decent video together when I first started editing, and now if I focus hard, it'll only take me a week at most if I'm not busy.
As for getting more views, it's really just the quality of your work that draws more views. Not much I can really say about it.