Sugar Awareness Week on January, 2020: How to get a bikini bod in 5 weeks. (eek). ?
Sugar Awareness Week 2020. Diabetes Awareness Week 2013 Diabetes Awareness Week 2013
Rule of thumb for weight loss: Diet= 70% exercise= 30%
Great 7 step plan to follow for LASTING and healthy results (My sources are I've been a world-class athlete since age 6, read tons about this for years including Gunnar Peterson's book The Workout [he's trainer to A list celebrities] and Tony Robbin's "The Body You Deserve" and after educating my brother, he lost 45 pounds in 4 months and has kept it off for 1.5 years plus):
1. Awareness of what you eat by keeping a diet journal to see where ure going wrong plus writing down very specific goals w/a time frame on them (be realistic yet firm) and view them on a regular basis. Also- tell someone about your progress toward your goals on a regular basis- this will keep you accountable. I have an excel spreadsheet that lists all my goals and my weekly progress toward them and I share them with my boyfriend each week so we can discuss it. Choose someone encouraging and motivating that wants to see you succeed. Family and best friends are great choices.
2. Best cardio is running in terms of weight loss. It is however, very high-impact and can lead to injuries. If you get injured- 2nd best is rowing, 3rd is cycling (both of which are less impact). You should be doing cardio minimum 4 times a week 30min.-1 hr. Weight loss heart rate range is one where you can carry on a conversation w/o a big struggle. Mix it up to keep from losing willpower or getting bored. People lose motivation when exercise isn't fun and engaging. If you love soccer or basketball or volleyball...what are you doing at the gym? Cardio is cardio!
3. Resistance program to help firm muscles and give a pretty tone (u can't spot-reduce- weight training results per individual body part will only be visible after the fat layer is off from the cardio). You should do this 2-3 times a week for 30 min-1 hr each time. It's important to have that break in between so your muscles can rest. Remember- each muscle gained= more calories lost on a daily basis b/c this revs up your metabolism! Jessica Biel is a great model for a muscular gorgeous body. Look at a picture of her and visualize your face on her body. The mind's thoughts literally create your reality and destiny. This has been proven over the centuries.
4. 3 meals/2snacks per day: high fiber/ high protein helps keep you full and eat low carb unless its good complex carbs like salad and fruit and whole-grains. Bottom line: eat the natural foods our ancestors ate, no processed junk. The best foods for you are filled with FIBER (shoot for 35 gms a day- this will curb cravings like heck!) Anna Kournikova eats a fruit and has a glass of water 30 min before her meals to be fuller and eat less (you should always do this, esp b4 going out to eat where temptations are large). When you eat great, nutrient-packed foods, you dont need to obsess over counting calories- so many better things to occupy your time with, like reading! A clever mind will take you farther in life than a beautiful body :) Bottom line- keep perspective and don't let this consume you to the point of being OCD. Also, no diet sodas- the fake sugars actually make ure body crave more sugary stuff. Stick to tea (coffee makes your body crash and can increase appetite) and water and never bring bad foods into your house. A woman should never go under 1200 cals a day by the way, slightly more for a man...very unhealthy. Breakfast= eat like a king, Lunch= eat like a prince, and Dinner= eat like a pauper. Lastly, take a multivitamin each day...go to Whole Foods and ask them which is a really high-quality one, b/c it's not just taking a MV but the better ones dont cheat you on the grams and your body absorbs the vitamins/minerals best. Ask what is a good daily regimen for your gender, but don't let them oversell you. The most you should need is a multi and maybe fish oils.
5. Americans in general want things QUICK and easy, we are impatient- you must be patient in terms of your results and never give up. Additionally, this is a LIFESTYLE change for LIFE: There are NOOO get-thin quick schemes, PERIOD. If u abuse your body u will ruin your metabolism and in the future u will gain weight MUCH easier than today. Diet pills will kill you as quickly as they helped kill Anna Nicole Smith. They are no better than drugs so don't take the cheap lazy way out.
6. Weigh yourself once a week, never more often than that but get all measurements- waist circumference, body fat %, muscle %, water % (there are good digital scales that do this) b/c u could be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat or be full of water and be like- why the heck wont i lose weight! and then binge on donuts :) no no no! and reward yourself when you make progress! make it fun or else you'll quit sooner than later.
7. Drink min. 2 liters of water per day (more for men) and whenever you're stressed- take DEEP BREATHS rather than reaching for food. Breathe in this ratio: Inhale for 5 counts, hold for 20 counts, exhale for 10 counts. If you do 10 of these 3x/day you'll be releasing toxins, decreasing appetite, & your energy and vitality will boom. This is why people lose weight doing yoga which on its own doesnt lose many calories. Oxygen is so so important.
You can do it! Good luck, keep a positive attitude, and never give up! :)
Is there a correlation between low blood sugar and hypothyroidism?
Connection between thyroid disease and diabetes:
"To counteract this lack of awareness, and encourage Americans to uncover their family health history to discover their at-risk medical conditions, AACE is launching a new campaign, "The Neck's Generation: Thyroid Genealogy," to educate the public about the genetic links associated with thyroid disease. Research shows that there is a strong genetic link between thyroid disease and other autoimmune diseases including certain types of diabetes, anemia and arthritis (2). In fact, thyroid disease affects more than 13 million Americans, yet more than half remain undiagnosed.(3)"
"The Diabetes-Thyroid Connection
AACE's survey found that 79 percent of Americans did not know there is a connection between diabetes and thyroid disease(6). In fact, fifteen to 20 percent of diabetics and their siblings or parents are at a greater risk of presenting with thyroid disease compared to 4.5 percent of the general population(7)."
"Diabetic patients have a higher prevalence of thyroid disorders compared with the normal population (Table 1). Because patients with one organ-specific autoimmune disease are at risk of developing other autoimmune disorders, and thyroid disorders are more common in females, it is not surprising that up to 30% of female type 1 diabetic patients have thyroid disease. The rate of postpartum thyroiditis in diabetic patients is three times that in normal women. A number of reports have also indicated a higher than normal prevalence of thyroid disorders in type 2 diabetic patients, with hypothyroidism being the most common disorder."
Headache AND blurry vision 23 weeks pregnant? No preeclampsia?
Pregnancy headaches are often caused by a lack of protein and water which can effect your blood pressure or blood sugar levels in pregnancy. If you are not getting proper care switch caregivers immediately. Anyone can pick up your case at any time. One gal changed her caregiver during labor and the whole hospital heard about it. He kept saying he was going to c-section her and she kept saying no. She ended up firing him and used the operating room to push her baby out on her own. Think about a midwife, long prenatal visits with time to talk about all the aspects of your pregnancy, your midwife will also sit at your side during labor and childbirth instead of giving orders to a nurse through his cell phone or from the operating room.
Keep a close watch on your blood pressure with whoever is caring for you. These are warning signs of impending health challenges during pregnancy as your intuition and body awareness is telling you. When you snack, snack on protein, always have water at your side, a warm, clear baths at night will also help with your health now.