Visit Your Relatives Day 2018 is on Friday, May 18, 2018: I am visiting some relatives in Romania in a few days?! help!?
Friday, May 18, 2018 is Visit Your Relatives Day 2018. 5/18 Visit Your Relatives Day - Celebrate the Date Ecard ... 5/18 Visit Your Relatives Day
1. Romania is not a little village in the jungle, but a country from the European Union (and not VERY POOR). Maybe we are not so rich as other members, but as you can see some Romanian people can speak English... so this is a civilised place!
2. It is summer now: I wear T-shirts, blouses, skirts, jeans, sandals.
Of course, the Bran castle is in the mountains, so a jacket would be perfect (if it is a rainy day).
In some parts of the country, there are floods now...
If I were you, I would ask my relatives what is the weather like in their region.
3. Places to visit in Romania (you ask AGAIN, I answer AGAIN):
- the Bran castle (Dracula's castle) - 30 min by bus from Brashov, in the center of Romania - no, Dracula is not at home this century, maybe next time :)
- the Danube Delta - a paradise of wild fish and birds, like pelicans...
- the moldavian monasteries (Agapia, Putna, Sucevita, Moldovita, ....)
- Sighisoara - the last medieval city still inhabited
- Sibiu - it was European cultural capital not so long ago
- Bucharest - our capital (museums of art, history, ... and the very special "Peasant's Museum" on the board of the lake Herastrau, where you can find houses from every region of Romania)
Also, if you like classical music, go for a concert to the Athaeneum, right in the middle of the city, real temple of music.
- the Black Sea coast (Mamaia - our best beach, perfect sand, Aqua Park, ...)
- Constantza - the greatest Romanian port at the sea - a splendid history museum ( you will find Greek statues and coins, a Roman mosaique almost intact and many other things to see).
4. yes, you can visit the Bran castle and there is a site, as someone else told before.
FOR MEMORIAL DAY: How many of you actually go to the cemetaries to visit friends, relatives?
I am admittedly the odd man out on this subject, almost always. I do not visit graves of my family/friends. I believe that they have left this earth and are in a better place. I choose to not go visit a dead body. If I want to remember them I look at the photos I have, and reminesce with our family/friends about them.
I personally don't think they they care what their grave looks like, or if their are fresh flowers there. I don't even think they care if I go to the grave to visit them.
I certainly hope that my children don't feel compelled to come and visit my grave once I have passed. I have known too many people who have held onto grief and their loved ones for so long that it begins to inhibit their daily lives.
Should I ever visit my relatives?
Yes, you should go visit them at least once a year. Even if you don't have good memories, they are your family. One day, you may no longer have them, see them while you can.