Jobs in Golf Month on February, 2020: Saturday jobs for a 16 year old?
February, 2020 is Jobs in Golf Month 2020. Looking for Golf Careers? Take a Golf Career Assessment or Download a Golf Career Guide Today!
Jobs for 16-Year-Olds
Here are some job ideas for 16-year-olds
-Anything an adult can do except where indicated in the specific positions. Some limitations can be selling alcohol and driving.
-Anything but working in a liquor store.
- Fast food restaurant, car washes, supermarkets, apply in person, actually you can work at any place that will hire them. Bus person in a restaurant, washing dishes in restaurant, cleaning, mail room person in large business, porters in hotels, caddy at golf course.
- Store clerk (retail clothing shop, hobby shop, drug store, etc.)
- Farm hand
- Receptionist or administrative assistant
- Movie theater attendant
- Babysitting, helping a small business owner, sales, customer service, technical support.
any fast food places hire at the age of sixteen and some department stores
-Common occupations for 16-year-olds: cashiers and cooks
- Among youths aged 16 , 68 percent held an employee job defined as an ongoing relationship with a particular employer at some point during the school year. Cashier was the most common occupation among 16-year-old females with employee jobs; cook was the most common job for males.
-Note that jobs such as babysitting or yard work done on an as-needed basis or for multiple employers are considered to be freelance jobs rather than employee jobs. Check out your local Parks and Recreation Departments. Some have fun Summer Jobs. Some Cities also have Work Experience Programs to train and help you get your first job.
- Schlitterbahn Waterparks of New Braunfels, Tx 78130 for less than $5.15 per hour Minimum Wage www.schlitterbahn.com "A minimum wage of $4.25 per hour applies to young workers under the age of 20 during their first 90 consecutive calendar days of employment with an employer, as long as their work does not displace other workers. After 90 consecutive days of employment or the employee reaches 20 years of age, whichever comes first, the employee must receive a minimum wage of $5.15 per hour." --> copied from
- Website for teens: teens4hire.com
First, apply to everywhere you can. your chances go up significantly the more places you apply. Then, About 3 days to 1 week afterwords, go back in and see if the employer has seen your application. I cannot overstress the importance of this because employers want to hire ambitious people. If you do this, at most establishments that hire 16 year old, you should either get something along the lines of we're not hiring, or that they want to set up an interview. As you are interviewed, do not say anything that could get you in trouble, and allow them to have you take a drug test. If you do everything and say what they want to here, your home free. Good Luck!
Probably nowhere. Federal labor laws set limits on how many hours a week minors can work, and what times during the day. The restrictions are set up so that teens aren't scheduled during school hours or late evening shifts. Also, unless you have been working at one thing your entire life, you don't have enough experience for much more than minimum wage positions. Sorry about that.
Golf related gap year?
Find a job at a golf course, get tips from the club pro and get to play free golf at the same time
Discectomy...How long till you can golf?
usually it would be about two months. You should ask the orthopedic surgeon who did the job, how long do you have to wait before playing golf. You don't want to do activities to quickly after surgery.