National POW/MIA Recognition Day 2023 is on Tuesday, September 19, 2023: Did you know that today, September 21, is the UN International Day of Peace.?
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 is National POW/MIA Recognition Day 2023. In the United States, National POW/MIA Recognition Day is observed on the third Friday in September. It honors those who were prisoners of war and those who are still missing in action.
In the United States, National POW/MIA Recognition Day is observed on the third Friday in September. It honors those who were prisoners of war and those who are still missing in action.
UN ...USELESS NOTHING
Did you know that Friday, September 17 was National POW/MIA Recognition day?
Near the Oceana Naval Airstation in Virginia Beach, we have the Eternal Flame of Hope POW/MIA Memorial Park. This past Friday, over 150 people assembled there in memory of those who fought in wars, but have never returned. I had an uncle who was MIA 12/3/50 in the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea (his twin brother was killed a month later in South Korea). I fly the POW/MIA flag from my porch in his honor, and it flies from my motorcycle when ever I ride in a Patriot Guard Riders event.
(USN retired 1965 - 85, proud Patriot Guard Rider)
Anybody know what "holiday" is on September 16?
Holidays & Observances - September 16, 2006 (Saturday):
* "Bewitched" TV Show debuts on September 16, 1964.
* Independencia de Mexico (Mexican Independence Day)
o For information, see: www.inside-mexico.com/featureindep.htm
* POW/MIA Recognition Day (National, US) - Observed each year on the third Friday of September. Source: www.dtic.mil/dpmo/powday. For more information, see: www.pow-miafamilies.org/powmiarecogday.html
* Vanessa Williams becomes the first black Miss America, 1983
Celebrity Birthdays Sept. 16th
Anniversaries of Deaths - Sept. 16th:
* Lauren Bacall, 1922 (Actress)
* David Copperfield, 1956 (Magician)
* Peter Falk, 1927 (Actor)
* Allen Funt, 1914 (TV Personality - Candid Camera)
* Paul Henning, TV Writer - created "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Petticoat Junction" and more. Born September 16, 1911 in Independence, Missouri. Died March 25, 2005 in Burbank, CA at the age of 93. Article: Click Here
* B. B. King, 1924 (Musician)
* Mickey Rourke, 1953 (Actor)
* Sheb Wooley (Musician - "Purple People Eater") died September 16, 2
Who knows what today is?
im flying my POW/MIA flag right now