National Alzheimer's Disease Month on November, 2021: November is the month for what cancer awareness?
November, 2021 is National Alzheimer's Disease Month 2021. Alzheimer's Prevention – Reduce Your Risk of Alzheimer's Learn About Alzheimer's Prevention
November 14, 2013 is World Diabetes Day.
* Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
* COPD Awareness month.
* Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month.
* American Diabetes Month.
* Lung Cancer Awareness Month.
* Crohn's & Ulcerative Colitis Awareness Month
* National Stomach Cancer Awareness Month (United States)
* National Prematurity Awareness Month (United States)
* Epilepsy Awareness Month.
* National Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month.
How are enzyme's used to treat Alzheimer's?
Here is some information from the FDA.......I have not copied it here because it is very large........
* Cholinesterase inhibitors increase the levels of acetylcholine in the brain, which plays a key role in memory and learning. This kind of drug postpones the worsening of symptoms for 6 to 12 months in about half of the people who take it. Cholinesterase inhibitors most commonly prescribed for mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease include Aricept (donezepil HCL), Exelon (rivastigmine), and Razadyne (galantamine). Because of varying side effects and possible interactions with other medications, doctors may try different cholinesterase inhibitors until the most effective one is found for the individual.................................................................................
* Namenda (memantine) regulates glutamate in the brain, which plays a key role in processing information. This drug is used to treat moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease and may delay the worsening of symptoms in some people.
What are the emotional affect's of Alzheimer's on the person themselves?
My father had Alz and we went to a recognized publication like National Alz Assoc...or something. We got additional information from AARP and Kaiser Permanente. For my father it was difficult. He wrote a journal and it's about 4 years long. After 18 months his messages went from depression to confusion. But we felt that he went through a number of transitions and to make matters worse, some days he would have memory return and those were very depressing because he wold recognize the condition he was in. He would eventually have one of those "good days"; after breakfast he discharged a weapon into his head. He lived for months in a coma until he gave in to infection.