National Panini Month on August, 2022: POLL: Were you aware that it's national panini month?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
August, 2022 is National Panini Month 2022. National Panini Month PLUS Our Top 5 Favorite Recipes - Mission ... “National Panini Month,”
No. Thanks for the heads up.
August is the ONLY calender month without a MAJOR holiday: Why has it never been claimed for any national gala?
The following events are observed calendar month-long in August:
American Adventures Month
American History Essay Contest
National Catfish Month
Black Business Month
Cataract Awareness Month
Children's Eye Health and Safety Month
Children's Vision and Learning Month
Get Ready for Kindergarten Month
Happiness Happens Month
Motorsports Awareness Month
National Immunization Awareness Month
National Inventor's Month
National Panini Month
National Water Quality Month
National Win with Civility Month
Neurosurgery Outreach Month
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month
What Will Be Your Legacy Month
Different types of food made with different properties?
Hi Kate... hope these will help you
May you use store bought bread or do you have to bake bread yourself - if so here's a great link:
Food made with Bread or bread based products e.g. sandwiches:
Baker's Dozen Eggs (Bread Baskets) -
You obviously do not have to follow the recipe & make 12. Make how many you need. Have a look at the link, there's a pic of the end result
5 tbsp butter
12 slices extra-thin whole wheat bread
½ lb prosciutto or Serrano ham, thinly sliced
¼ cup 35% cream
Grated Parmesan or Manchego cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Butter a 12-cup muffin tin and butter bread. Gently press each slice into the bottom of a muffin cup. Bake for 3 minutes. (If preparing in advance, allow to cool and wrap the entire muffin tin tightly with foil, then refrigerate.)
Nestle 1 slice of ham in each bread cup, and carefully crack an egg on top of the ham. Season with salt and pepper, and spoon 1/2 teaspoon of cream on top of the egg.
Bake eggs in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until whites are just set. With an offset spatula, remove bread cups, transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with chives and cheese. Serve immediately.
Smoked Turkey, Pine Nut Pesto and Sharp Provolone Panini (Pic of the end result)
2 tablespoons pine nuts
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
7 slices Sargento Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese, divided
Salt and pepper
4 to 6 turkey slices (thin)
4 slices ciabatta bread
1 bunch baby arugula
Pulse pine nuts in blender to chop. Add oil, three slices cheese torn in small pieces and salt and pepper. Blend to form pesto. Place one slice cheese and turkey on each of two slices bread. Add seven to eight pieces arugula and another slice of cheese on each. Spread three tablespoons pesto on top of each. Close sandwiches and grill for three to five minutes or until golden brown
Food made with pastry:
Goats cheese & vegetable tart (Pic of end result)
1 medium aubergine, trimmed and sliced
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
2 courgettes, cut into slices
2tbsp olive oil
8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
100g (3½oz) soft goat's cheese (try Chevrissime Blanc)
4tbsp crème fraîche
Fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pastry
250g (8oz) plain flour
Pinch of salt
60g (2oz) each of butter and white vegetable fat, cut into cubes
30g (1oz) Emmental or Comté; cheese (available from supermarkets), finely grated
2 eggs, beaten
1. Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Mix all the vegetables in a roasting tin, sprinkle with the oil and mix in with your hand. Roast for 20 mins, turning them after 10 mins. Leave to cool.
2. To make the pastry: Put the flour and salt in a large bowl, rub in the butter and white fat to breadcrumb stage. Stir in the grated cheese then add 2tbsp of beaten egg and 2-3tbsp cold water to make a soft, not sticky, dough. Knead until smooth. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a round about 30cm (12in) diameter. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Brush the pastry with a little of the beaten egg.
4. Pile the vegetables and tomatoes on to the pastry, leaving a 5cm (2in) border. Pop bits of cheese on top. Fold the pastry edge upwards and inwards, over the vegetables, overlapping and sealing to make a free-form tart. Brush with beaten egg.
5. Beat the rest of the egg with the crème fraîche, thyme and seasoning. Pour carefully into the tart. Bake for 40 mins, until the pastry is golden and the filling has set. Serve warm or cold. (Not suitable for freezing).
Mushroom en croute (Pic of end result)
1 (375g) pack ready-rolled puff pastry
4 large white flat mushrooms
60ml/4 tbsp fresh pesto sauce
8 sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
150g/5oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
Milk, to glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Fan 200ºC/Gas Mark 7. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then use a rolling pin, lightly roll the pastry so that is measures 38x 32cm (approx 15x12in) and cut into four pieces. Place a mushroom in the centre of each pastry rectangle.
2. Top the mushrooms with the pesto sauce, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Season. Brush the edges with milk. Now bring the corners of the pastry up and over the topping and press to seal together.
3. Place the pastry parcels on a large baking tray and brush all over with milk. Bake for 20-25mins or until the pastry is golden.
4. Serve hot with vegetables and a sweet tomato or pepper relish on the side.
Food made with savoury items: Not sure what you looking for, post some more information please, I would love to help you or try this link: