Universal Family Week on May, 2022: UNIVERSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Universal Family Week 2022. Universal Visit the New Sports Authority in Fairview Heights. Save Big Today.
Light t-shirts and shorts, bermudas, and skorts (skirts with shorts built in) are the best things to wear, or else you'll get really hot. If you don't like flip flops, wear crocs or sneakers.
These are my top 5 places to eat at Universal:
1. Mythos Restaurant - Guests at Universal Islands of Adventure will be thrilled to find this restaurant tucked away behind the Dueling Dragons roller coasters. My family and I were surprised to stumble upon it one day during a long day at Islands of Adventure, and were blown away by the décor, the atmosphere, and the food. It's a destination in and of itself, with a menu that changes every few months. Try one of the specialty pizzas, or the banana chocolate cake. You'll enjoy tastes you never thought were possible inside of a theme park, and you'll leave rested and relaxed, ready to enjoy a few more rides and attractions.
2. Emeril's - This elegant branch of the famous Emeril's chain is located in the resort's CityWalk entertainment complex. It's arguably the best restaurnt on site, and serves Creole-inspired cuisine with plenty of spicy options available. Most days, it's fairly easy to get a table at lunch time, but dinner is another story. Reservations are required for dinner, and should usually be made weeks or months in advance. If you arrive last minute, ask for a seat at the bar, which offers guests a full menu selection.
3. Lombard's Seafood Grill - Located in Universal Studios "San Francisco" district, this full-service restaurant offer great pasta and fresh seafood dishes. Diners can sit outside along the waterfront, or cool off inside at one of the comfortable booths.
4. The Palm -This five star restaurant, located inside of the Hard Rock Hotel, offers some of the best steaks and lobsters in Orlando. Diners will enjoy a break from typical theme park food as they enjoy the sophisticated décor, top notch food, and varied wine selection.
5. Orchid Court Lounge and Sushi Bar - Situated above the pool at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, this restaurant offers creative drinks as well as an extensive sushi menu. Master chefs prepare your sushi right before your eyes, or you can choose from inspired seafood and Asian-inspired dishes.
Plan enough time in Universal to enjoy the best thrill rides it has to offer. Featured attractions include several different adventures. The Simpson's Ride is a motion-based simulator. Go on an exciting adventure through Krusty the Clown's Krustyland Park. Enjoy an interactive ride/show known as Shrek 4-D, starring Princess Fiona on her latest honeymoon escapade. Make sure you go on the Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride. It is an indoor roller coaster in complete darkness.
Allow younger children to have adventures more to their liking; these things still provide fun and excitement for all. The best rides for younger kids can be found in Woody Woodpeckers KidZone created especially with the younger guest in mind. Entertain children with popular character in fun interactive shows, more gentle rides and specially created play areas. Amazing shows include "Animal Actors on Location" starring live animals and "A Day in the Park with Barney" featuring sing-alongs.
Is 2 weeks long enough in Florida? (For A Holiday)?
I went to disneyland in california and we only went for one week and it was plenty of time for disneyland, california's adventure and universal studios. When I went to disneyworld in flordia we were only able to go for a day but we still saw a decent amount and had a good time so I think a week would be a good amount of time. I think after a week you'll get tired of the amusement parks and be ready for a week at the beach.
crowd levels at Universal Studios in March?
For Disney World crowd forecasting--I know you are asking about Universal, but crowding works the same in both areas--see this page:
Easter and spring break are what affects March crowds. Easter 2009 is late (in early April) so that will have little effect this year. Peak spring break in 09 will be the week beginning 3/14. So the first half of March 09 will be best, the second half busy but not as bad as when Easter is in March. Hope this helps and have a great trip!